Five Spice Turkey & Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Instant brown rice
- 2 Tsp seasame oil
- 1 lb 93% - lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicekn broth
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce, (see Note)
- 1 Tsp five-spice powder, (see Note)
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, basil, mint and/or chives
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, spoon portions of the turkey mixture into lettuce leaves, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.