Beet Salad with Oranges
Ingredients beet salad with oranges
- 1 Cup peeled and quartered red or golden beets
- 1 Cup vegetable stock
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- Fresh Pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped basil
- Simmer the beets slowly in the stock until tender, then remove from the liquid and cool.
- Reduce the remaining liquid by three quarters and cool.
- Arrange the sliced oranges on a plate and top with the cooled, sliced beets.
- Drizzle with reduced beet juice and season with pepper.
- Top with fresh basil.
4 ounces = 1 serving