Grilled Shrimp Appetizer
Grilled Shrimp Appetizer Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (about 16), peeled, deveined, and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- About 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Dipping Sauce Suggestions
- 1/4 cup jalapeno jelly, warmed briefly in the microwave to soften
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- Salsa (like peach salsa)
- Get your grill or barbecue hot according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Brush the outside of the shrimp lightly with oil. Sprinkle both sides of shrimp lightly with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place shrimp over direct, high heat on the grill. Grill about 2 minutes on the first side, then flip over and cook about 2 more minutes until cooked throughout.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.