Breakfast Cookies/Kitchen Sink Cookies (Vegan)
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- up to 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2T whole flax seeds (grind them and) + 6T water OR 5T preground flax seeds + 6T water
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- up to 1-1/2 cups chopped dried fruits (dates, currants, apircots, raisins, etc)
- up to 1 cup chopped nuts and/or seeds (sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts, etc)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. In a small separate bowl, mix ground flax with water and set aside. In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add flax mixture to wet mixture until well blended and then gradually add dry mixture until well blended. Stir in oats, dried fruit, and seeds in small batches. On a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper (or a nonstick cookie sheet) drop the dough by 1/3 cupfuls and pat down slightly. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Let stand for 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.