You go to your fridge, or your office fridge, and there it is another salad. Maybe it is time to switch it up! You know that you still need to get in your greens each day, but possibly you are lacking ideas other than salad.
Check out my recipe below for a Green Smoothie. It’s not only a great way to make sure you get your ‘greens’ in (especially Kale & Spinach), but it also tastes great!
Smoothies are all the rage lately, but there’s good reason for it. Plenty of good reasons, actually. Here’s my TOP TEN:
1. Smoothies are a great gateway to breakfast if you are someone that can’t stomach eating in the morning.
2. There are so many smoothie recipes you can make, so it’s easy to keep it fresh and interesting, if you like variety.
3. You can take them with you ‘on the go’ when you’re in a hurry or at work.
4. Smoothies are usually easy to digest and low in sugar and carbohydrates, if you’re careful.
5. They are a great way to use up greens and fruits that are on their last legs in the refrigerator.
6. Smoothie ingredients are typically high in vitamins and antioxidants – often a healthy choice!
7. Smoothies take very little time to make – you get a great nutrition punch, with little effort.
8. Smoothies do not leave you feeling over full and lethargic like a big meal might.
9. Smoothies can be high in fiber, which help keep you regular.
10. They taste great!
GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
1/4 cup Pineapple (or any fruit you have to use up)
One stalk Celery (optional)
2 cups Water
2 halves Lemon (squeeze it into the blender for a little citrus zing)
Handful Kale (or whatever green leafy vegetable is leftover in your fridge)
Blend everything together and you have a delicious meal! See more on how to blend here.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Looking for more Recipes’? Check out our recipe page here.